Give, Get Given.
Website terms & conditions of use
These Terms and Conditions of Use ("Terms and Conditions") are an agreement between you and RockCorps Limited ("RockCorps", "we", "us", "ourselves" and "our"), and govern your use of the RockCorps web site or pages that display these Terms and Conditions (the "Site").
Your access to and use of the Site is subject to the following Terms and Conditions and all applicable laws. These Terms and Conditions may be changed by us from time to time without notice to you, and the latest version will be posted on the Site. You should review these Terms and Conditions when you use the Site to ensure that you have a current understanding of the most recent Terms and Conditions. The Site is not intended for children under the age of 13 years. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these Terms and Conditions.
Information About Us
The Site, www.rockcorps.co.uk is operated by RockCorps Limited ("RockCorps"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 6111711 and have our registered office at Arena House, 66-68 Pentonville Road, N1 9HS. Our VAT number is 929 9702 74. We are a limited company.
Unless otherwise indicated, the Site and its design, text, content, and other matters related to the Site ("Content") are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary laws (including intellectual property laws), and all rights therein are the property of RockCorps or the material is included with the permission of the rights owner. Any reference in this document to "including" means "including but not limited to". Except as otherwise provided herein, none of the Content may be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, modified, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, without our express prior written permission. Permission is hereby granted to lawfully access and use the Site to display, download, archive and print, portions of the Site on a temporary basis for your individual use, provided you do not modify the materials (including the Content) and that you retain any and all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the materials (including the Content). If you wish to make any use of materials (including the Content) on the Site other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com.
The RockCorps logo, all product names, page headers, custom graphics, button icons, trademarks, service marks and logos appearing on the Site, unless otherwise noted, are service marks, trademarks (whether registered or not) and/or trade dress of RockCorps (the "Marks"). All other trademarks, product names, company names, logos, service marks and/or trade dress mentioned, displayed, cited or otherwise indicated on the Site are the property of their respective owners. You are not authorised to display or use the Marks in any manner without our prior written permission. The use or misuse of the Marks or other trademarks, product names, company names, logos, service marks or any other materials contained herein, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited.
The word "RockCorps" is a Community Trade Mark of RockCorps.
Data Protection Consent
By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you agree to the terms of our Privacy Statement. All personal data provided to us as a result of your use of the Site will be handled in accordance with our Privacy Statement. We reserve the right to monitor your communications with us.
Certain sections of the Site allow users to submit comments or upload other content (collectively "User Content") to the Site or to third party sites. Such User Content will be considered non-confidential and may be posted on or accessed through the Site in the sole discretion of RockCorps. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any User Content posted or uploaded by you to the Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
By submitting any User Content to the Site (whether the actual submission occurs on the Site or a third party site), you are granting RockCorps ownership of all right, title, and interest therein, and RockCorps will have the perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free right, as the owner of the User Content, to reproduce, modify, display, distribute, perform, transmit, and create derivative works thereof, in any and all media or form of communication whether now existing or hereafter developed, and the right to grant third parties the right to exercise any of the foregoing rights or any other rights RockCorps may possess as the owner of the User Content, without notification or compensation to you, and without your consent. RockCorps reserves the right at all times to disclose any User Content or information as is necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request. RockCorps, in its sole discretion, may edit, refuse to post or remove any User Content, in whole or in part, for any reason, including User Content that is objectionable or in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
It is a condition of these Terms and Conditions that you do not:
- post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent User Content of any kind, including any transmission constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or foreign law;
- post or transmit any User Content which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including User Content which constitute an invasion of privacy or infringement of publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works thereof, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder;
- post or transmit any User Content which contains a virus or other harmful component; or
- post, or transmit or in any way exploit any User Content for commercial purposes which contains advertising, promotions or marketing.
By providing User Content to or for the Site, you warrant and represent that you own the copyright for such User Content. RockCorps reserves the right to remove any User Content without notice and with or without cause, at any time, in its sole discretion, and to terminate your access to, and use of, the Site, or to censor, edit or block your transmissions thereto.
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law we, on behalf of ourselves and other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us:
- make no representations or warranties with respect to the Site or the Content, which are provided "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis;
- disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation, implied warranties of non-infringement, satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to the Site and any website with which it is linked;
- do not warrant that the Site, its servers or e-mail sent from us will be free of any harmful components (including viruses);
- do not provide any representations or warranties against the possibility of deletion, misdelivery or failure to store communications, personalised settings, or other data;
- exclude any and all liability for damages or losses incurred by any user in connection with the Site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including any liability for:
- special, indirect or consequential loss;
- loss of use;
- loss of data;
- loss caused by a virus;
- loss of anticipated income or savings;
- loss of anticipated profit;
- loss of or damage to property, claims of third parties; or
- other losses of any kind or character, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall:
- affect the statutory rights of any consumer;
- exclude or restrict any liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence; or
- for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- exclude or restrict any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
This limitation of liability applies whether the alleged liability is based on contract, negligence, tort, strict liability, breach of statutory duty or any other basis. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, or certain kinds of limitations or exclusions of liability, so the limitations and exclusions set out in these Terms and Conditions may not apply to you.
If you wish to register on the Site (including without limitation registration for any specific promotions or activities offered through the Site), you will be required to provide certain personal information to us. You agree to (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted in the applicable page, (b) maintain and promptly update your information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete and (c) the terms of our Privacy Statement.
Your account, including your username and password, are personal to you and may not be used by anyone else. As set out in the Privacy Statement, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and username and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account by you or by anyone else, whether or not authorised by you.
You agree to use the Site in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You agree not to upload or transmit through the Site any computer viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer. Any unauthorised modification, tampering or change of any information, or any interference with the availability of or access to the Site is strictly prohibited. RockCorps reserves all rights and remedies available to it including reporting any breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and co-operating with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them.
You assume total responsibility for establishing procedures for data back up and virus checking as you consider necessary.
You agree to indemnify, release and hold us harmless as well as our officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees from any claim, liability, loss, expense or demand, including legal fees, related to your violation of these Terms and Conditions or your access or use of the Site.
We may also require you to follow additional rules, guidelines or other conditions in order to participate in certain promotions or activities available through the Site. These special rules will be posted on or linked from the relevant portions of the Site or the portions of the Site that describe the specific promotions or activities. These additional rules are part of these Terms and Conditions, and you agree to comply with them when you participate in those promotions or activities.
Intellectual Property Policy
RockCorps respects the intellectual property of third parties, and takes matters of alleged intellectual property infringement seriously. If you believe that your own work, or the work of a third party for whom you are authorised to act, is featured on the Site or has been otherwise copied or made available on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send a notice of the alleged infringement to RockCorps including all of the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the intellectual property owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner;
- A description of the work that you claim has been infringed (including the URL, location on the web site, title and/or item number (if applicable) or other identifying characteristics);
- Your name, company name, address, telephone number, fax number, and e-mail address (and, if you are not the owner of the intellectual property, the name of the owner);
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the described use of the work is not authorized by the intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the intellectual property owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the intellectual property owner.
Please send the notice of alleged infringement to RockCorps' agent for notice of claims of intellectual property infringement by any of the following:
Attn: Copyright Agent
Fax: 0207 609 6008
Post: Arena House, 66-68 Pentonville Road, N1 9HS
Modification and Discontinuation
We reserve the right at any time to modify, edit, delete, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently the Site (or any portion thereof) with or without notice. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, editing, deletion, suspension or discontinuance of the Site. Any of the material (including the Content) on the Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Links to and from the Site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
The Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in these Terms and Conditions. Where the Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
These Terms and Conditions (together with our Privacy Statement, which is incorporated herein) contain the entire understanding between you and us with respect to use of the Site. Our failure to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be invalid, such invalidity will not affect the validity of the remaining portions, and the parties will substitute for the invalid provision a provision which most closely approximates the intent and economic effect of the invalid provision.
These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed under the laws of England, without regard to conflict of law principles. The Site is intended to be accessed only by persons in the United Kingdom. Access to, or use of, the Site may be prohibited by law in certain countries or jurisdictions. You are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws of the country from which you are accessing the Site. You hereby consent and waive all objection to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts to resolve any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to use of the Site.
If you have any questions, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 0207 096 6522.